Work Keys Information
December 6th and 7th 2016 in Media Center
All English IV students and early graduates with a CTE concentration will participate in December testing.
ü Lunch and Learn. Seniors may enjoy their lunch while completing Work Keys activities in the Media Center during their lunches. Please advise Seniors to get a pass to the Media Center.
ü Graduation Cords. All students who achieve silver, gold, or platinum status will earn honor cords.
ü All you can eat Pizza. All who achieve Silver or Higher will earn an “all you can eat” pizza party.
ü All who achieve “Platinum Status” will earn a lunch off campus.
Practice Tests and Sites
· Practice in WIN at http://www.wincrsystem.com/
· Practice in Plato at https://clever.com/in/onslow
· Students and parents alike can get a feel for the types of questions they will be asked by taking sample test questions available here: http://www.act.org/workkeys/assess/sample.html
The NC CRC measures and certifies the essential work skills needed for success in jobs across industries and occupations. It is awarded at four levels, based on the scores achieved on the component assessments. They are:
- Platinum: Scores of Level 6 or higher on all three exams
- Gold: Scores of Level 5 or higher on all three exams
- Silver: Scores of Level 4 or higher on all three exams
- Bronze: Scores of Level 3 or higher on all three exams
Sharing Your Credential: Once you have received your WorkKeys Certificate, you should include it on college applications, job applications, and your resume. Use the following link for information concerning exactly now to refer to the certificate on your resume. https://www.act.org/certificate/use.html
Employers Recognizing the Credential: Employees with a WorkKeys credential, may earn more money than a non-credentialed employee in the same job. For a list of employers that support WorkKeys by state and career cluster please go to: http://workreadycommunities.org/national/businesses/
Interested in applying to the
Onslow County Virtual Academy?
If so, click here for more information.
The JHS Student Services Department is now on Edmodo!
Parents and Students are encouraged to join. The group code is 3e4wnr.
Click here to access the JHS Newsletter
The JHS Cardinal Ambassador/S2S members show off our campus!